My name is Haley Anderson and I am a senior at Chapman University in Southern California. I am studying Computer Science with minors in Data Analytics and the Honors Program.
I am a 2018 AnitaB.org Grace Hopper Conference Scholarship Recipient.
I created this website using HTML and CSS.
2019 Summer Intern
5/2019 - 8/2019
• Worked on the Word team to help build infrastructure to support online collaboration on the desktop application using C++, impacting 1.2 billion OfBice users
• Designed, developed, and executed a plan to integrate the feature “Fields” into the new collaboration framework
• Received hands-on training and mentorship from a dedicated mentor, manager, and team to ensure all work was skillfully implemented in a timely manner
4/2019 - Present
Coordinated, planned, and executed monthly speakers and company information events for members
Fostered inclusion and conBidence through holding networking and career development sessions
2018 Co-op Student
5/2018 – 10/2018
• Developed C++ code to improve runtime efficiency in flagship product, NX
• Created a program to bridge NX with an open source platform and improve user facing capabilities
• Worked with a team to improve the NX environment for users through biweekly software package updates
Undergraduate Research Assistant
8/2016 – Present
An on campus research lab run by the head of the computer science department.
• Compiled data using data mining programs utilizing java
• Working on paper relating topic modeling from children’s essays to mental health data as adults
See "Projects" section for details on accepted papers.
Vice President of Administration
1/2018 - Present
• Oversee Fraternity policy and rules education and adherence; foster a culture of high expectations of behavior while ensuring the chapter upholds its core values
• Fulfill administrative responsibilities such as maintaining member files, managing confidential information, and keeping member information up to date in our online database
• Act as primary consultant on risk management and legal issues, lead the Policy and Standards Board
• Collaborate with a team of 10 to create strategies to efficiently solve problems and maintain good chapter standing with the University
• Organize and run weekly chapter and Executive Board meetings and hold weekly meetings with committees to which I delegate tasks
Vice President of Member Development
1/2017 – 12/2017
• Organize and run weekly Chapter, Executive Board, and committee meetings
• Create academic incentives and mentoring programs to meet chapter members’ grades utilizing study hours
• Use problem-solving skills with those who failed to meet academic standards to help them achieve their goals
• Created, planned, and ran a speaker series called the wellness workshops
6/2019 - Present
Rewriting the Code is a 501 (c)(3) dedicated to developing and empowering a community of college women with a passion for technology to become the next generation of exceptional engineers and tech leaders
• Attend webinars to learn more about current technologies, career development, and important job skills
• Become part of a year-long fellowship program and community of female college students interested in pursuing computer science and engineering
Vice President of Public Relations
8/2017 – Present
A national college student run non pro\it apparel company benefitting children with cancer
• Coordinated with executive board to plan meetings and communicate with outside guests for biweekly meetings
• Organized and attended hospital visits and club activities
• Worked on my leadership skills through group planning and leading meetings
MLAT 2017, International Conference on Program Comprehension.
Wrote paper using still images from a video tutorial that contain code and taught a computer to classify the language of the code.
MLAT 2017, International Conference on Software Enigneering.
Published paper and poster dealing with topic modeling of the R programing language and its common uses.
MLAT 2017, International Conference on Mining Software Repositories.
Assisted on this paper relating to software deep learning utilizing data on IntelliSense code completion capture information on source code.
At the 2017 Twitchcon Hackathon, my team and I built a Twitch extension that uses facial recognition to register emotions and provides relevant emote overlay.